When Youth events are organised, the Youth funds do try and help subsidise events so we do appreciate all your help with fundraising and hope you have all registered with Easy fundraising and persuaded all your friends and family to join as well. This is a very easy way to raise money for Youth Funds. All you need to do is log onto www.easyfundraising.org.uk and follow the Scottish Region Youth.
With Covid Restrictions easing, this is what we have planned for 2021/2022 season:
- 18th -20th June 2021 –Scottish Region Youth Meet, Youth Leaders & Testers Weekend joining Perth & Angus DA at Balhomais Farm, Aberfeldy. Full programme of events for the weekend including, sports, Saturday evening BBQ and fun activities planned. Bring your wetsuit for water activities on Saturday.
- 2nd-4th July 2021 – National Youth Rally hosted by Cambrian & Wyvern at Three Counties Showground, Malvern. The Theme is ‘Jungle’ so you can look forward to escaping the Jungle as well as the usual activities, Disco’s Friday & Saturday night. Football, Volleyball, Netball throughout the day on Saturday and the coveted highly sort after Austin Trophy Competition on the Sunday. We need ALL THE SCOTTISH YOUTH, £80 (approx) for the weekend, includes, transport, camp fees & food. Need £30 deposit to book your space
- 13th-15th August 2021– Join Scottish Region at Drum Estate THS, Scottish Region August Youth Rally. Saturday we’ll plan an activity for CCY in Edinburgh. Remember half the proceeds from this meet go into Youth Funds so please try and get along even if it’s just for the weekends.
- Saturday 21st – Sunday 22nd August 2021 – Jean Stewart Walk – Ardgarten Circular walk. Do you have what it takes? 20 miles over 2 days carrying all your equipment – easy – not for wimps!!!
DATES FOR YOUR DIARY 2022
- Each Region may award a Certificate of Achievement to its most deserving CCY Member aged 12-17, with the recipient being put forward to be considered for the National CCY Certificate of Achievement. The criteria for receiving a Certificate should be based on the individual’s camping related achievements. Written nominations, of no more than 250 words, to be sent to myself by 4th February 2022. First prize Regionally is a £100 worth of outdoor retail vouchers.
- 4th-6th Feb 2022 – Snowsports at Glenshee, staying at Blackwater Scout Hut, 20 mins from biggest Ski Range. Accommodation & Food £30 per person and Ski/Board Pass – £25 each day. Ski Hire can be sorted out at local hire place at approx £25 each day. Limited spaces, £20 deposit by 1st Dec 2021. We can’t guarantee snow & skiing, but we can guarantee a good weekend.
- Easter 14st-18th April 2022 – 70th FICC Youth Rally at Coimbra, Portugal. Come along soak up the atmosphere & join in the fun – Disco & Fancy Dress Party Nights, Campfire & Music late into the night, Sports – Football & Volleyball, Easter Dinner, excursions. Not too be missed. Cost approx £350. Deposit of £150 to be paid by 1st September 2021. All youth must have passed CCY test and be over 14 before they can attend this Rally.
- 22nd -24th April 2022 – Youth Leaders & Testers Conference Weekend – Drayton Manor Club Site,Venue tbc. Full programme of events including, workshops, first aid, working towards CCY test, map reading, entertainment and loads more. All Youth Leaders and Testers are invited to the conference weekend.
- 28th April -2nd May 2022 – Region Meet at Strathallan Games Park, Bridge of Allan. Come and camp and join in the Youth Section. Lots of fun and games organised throughout the weekend. Breakfast Cafe run for Youth funds throughout the weekend. Youth Leaders get together.
- 14th -16th October 2022 – Autumn Youth Rally – hosted by Yorkshire Region. Book with your RYLO or Youth Leader. Cost tbc.
So as you can see there are loads to do throughout the year, so come along and join in the fun, for more details on any of the events above, check us out on Facebook (to find us on facebook, you need to be friends with your Youth Leader or RYLO).
If you are interested on sitting your youth test please speak to your youth leader or RYLO.
Phil Grant & Sarah Martin
Scottish Region Youth Liaison Officers.